The monthly service theme at Seattle Unity Church for December, 2013, is “Spiritual Catalyst.” Here are the links and players to the music videos and sermon from Sunday, 12-08-2013, with the sermon titled “Do It Anyway.”
Yvette Trujillo Sings “Anyway”
Rev. Karen Lindvig Sermon “Do It Anyway”
https://seattleunity.org—Rev. Karen Lindvig begins her theme for December, which is to explore aspects of being a spiritual catalyst. In her “Do It Anyway” sermon, she describes the process of being a spiritual catalyst. She then gives many examples, including the recently deceased Nelson Mandela; musician Sixto Rodriguez; Mother Teresa; Jesus; Mary and Joseph on the journey to Bethlehem, and Gandhi.
Luke 2:1: In those days a decree went out from Emperor Augustus that all the world should be registered. 4 Joseph also went from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to the city of David called Bethlehem, because he was descended from the house and family of David. 5 He went to be registered with Mary, to whom he was engaged and who was expecting a child.”
Nelson Mandela: “Do not judge me by my successes, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again.”
Mother Teresa: The good you do today, will often be forgotten. Do good anyway. Give the best you have, and it will never be enough. Give your best anyway. In the final analysis, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.
Key ideas related to this sermon:
1. A spiritual catalyst is someone who precipitates change for the betterment of all.
2. When Mary and Joseph said answered the call, they invited God into their lives and set out on a journey that changed everything.
3. When you answer the call from Spirit, you may not know the outcome – but say yes anyway.
4. People are often unreasonable, irrational and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
5. If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies. Succeed anyway.
6. If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you. Be honest and sincere anyway.
7. What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight. Create anyway.