Youth & Families
Seattle Unity Youth and Family Ministry is a welcoming community with a goal to cultivate in our youth a sense of:
- and Bravery through fun, engaging, artful lessons that foster
- Emotional Intelligence
- Cultural Literacy
- Healthy Mind Body and Spirit
- Supportive Community
by teaching and employing the Practical Tools of the Unity Tradition
For the 10:00 am Sunday Service
Please visit our blog for weekly updates about children’s program for Sunday. We are navigating a new space at our Metropolist location. Please be sure to connect with our information table if you are unsure of where to take your children.
- Preschoolers can be taken to the Nursery before the service, beginning at 9:45 a.m.
- 1st – 5th Grades will meet in the lower level.
- Uniteens + YOU will meet in the upstairs area.
*Parents check-in with Marla Durden or Rose Gamble at front of Metropolist.
Our age groups are as follows:
Becoming a Unity teacher of children is a sure way to accelerate your own spiritual growth and understanding. We always have room for more who wish to participate in our Sunday morning program. Because we like having a healthy and safe adult/child ratio, we require a minimum of two teachers in a class. Volunteers are asked to be willing to volunteer twice a month for a minimum of six months. That way volunteers have ample time to get to know the children and the children have ample time to become comfortable with each volunteer.
How do you get started? It’s fun and easy!
- Fill out an application online.
- Job descriptions are also available.
- You will be called and interviewed by the Director. Each volunteer is screened.
- Viewing the Risk Reduction video is mandatory.
- Two observations of the class you wish to teach are prerequisites.
- All curriculum materials are provided.
- Training is available and the Director and fellow teachers will offer much support and encouragement.