This meeting is open to all who love and honor our Tapestries and Altars, and will be looking at two issues concerning them.
The Tapestries which grace our current Sanctuary were designed and created specifically for this space, which is significantly larger than what our new Sanctuary space will be. They were also designed to be displayed together, to represent our core value of honoring all spiritual paths. They physically will not fit in our new, smaller Sanctuary space.
1) Knowing that we will be saying farewell to these Tapestries, how can we best honor them as we say farewell to them?
2) What is the best place for our Tapestries to find a new home?
This meeting will be facilitated by Debbie Ward.
Please bring your feelings and your ideas to this meeting, and meet in your spiritual community for this significant congregational conversation.
If you have an idea of where the next home for our Tapestries might be, we invite you to do some preliminary research, and bring that to this meeting.
Research such as:
- Who is the contact person at this new potential home?
- Would the space/institution welcome them?
- Do they have the physical space for them?
- Are there any issues of transport or preservation in getting the Tapestries to this new home?