We are an accessible and inclusive spiritual sanctuary for all ages and stages of life. We offer spiritual practices and a community that honors diversity and encourages self-empowerment. We co-create a world that works for all.
We are a welcoming spiritual community thriving in the heart of Seattle; celebrating, inspiring, and deepening our individual and collective spiritual journeys.
- Creating through Bold Imagination
- Celebrating Diversity
- Respecting Every Person's Spiritual Journey
- Seeing the Divine in Each Person
- Being Open-Hearted & Open-Minded
- Walking Our Talk
Unity's Five Principles
- There is One Presence and One Power in the universe, God the Good; omnipresence, omnipotence and omniscience.
- All human beings have a spark of divinity within them, the Christ spirit within. Their very essence is of God, and therefore they are also inherently divine.
- Human beings create their experiences by the activity of their thoughts, feelings, and beliefs. Everything in the manifest realm has its beginning in consciousness.
- Prayer & meditation are the spiritual tools we utilize to align our consciousness with God-consciousness.
- Knowing these principles is not enough; we strive to live these spiritual Truths daily.
Spiritual and other guidance at Seattle Unity is provided by Reverend Karen Lindvig, our revered Senior Minister. Rev. Karen is available for spiritual counseling, and generally schedules meetings on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Her best times are between 11 am and 5 pm. To make an appointment, email Karen at RevKaren@comcast.net.
See Rev. Karen’s page.
Main Line General Information 206.622.8475.
Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees of Seattle Unity is a group of members voted into leadership based on their personal and professional skills and united in their love of the Seattle Unity. Their purpose is to oversee the strategic plan and the financial state of the church while upholding Unity principles. Their goal is to hold their heads in the clouds, while keeping their feet well grounded.
We Welcome our Board of Trustees
Their varied duties include:
- Upholding the spiritual purpose of the Ministry
- Holding the highest interest of the Membership in conducting the business of the Ministry
- Determining policies and procedures related to Seattle Unity's tithes and stewardship programs
- Determining business needs of the Ministry & authorize payment of moneys for these purposes
- Managing the assets of Seattle Unity
- Establishing and overseeing committees to expand the effectiveness of the board & to create a community effort
If you would like to speak with a member of the Board, look for one of these friendly faces after a Sunday service. They are always happy to speak with you.
Our Board of Trustees generally meets on the third Thursday of every month. If you are interested in being a guest at a meeting, please contact Board President Dahlia Cohen or Rev. Karen Lindvig.
The Board of Trustees for Seattle Unity currently includes:
Member at Large
Member at Large