Prayer is the foundation of the Unity movement and of Seattle Unity. Prayer and meditation are the keys to bringing into manifestation all that we wish for our lives. There are many opportunities for prayer support. All matters of prayer at Seattle Unity are always held in strict confidence.
Have you ever wondered what happens to a prayer request that you put in the prayer box?
The prayers that you place in the prayer box are picked up on Sunday afternoon and distributed to members of the prayer team. Members of the prayer team hold you or your loved one in prayer every day for the following week. Each member prays that the highest and best manifest for you or your loved one.
On Wednesday a prayer service is conducted at 6:30 pm in the Chapel. The names of those requesting prayer are spoken aloud and prayers are said for guidance, healing and prosperity. All prayer services are open and you are invited to join your consciousness in the blessing of others.
We are always open to expanding the prayer team. It’s a great way to serve the ministry in the privacy of your own home. If this is an area that you would like to serve, consider taking the prayer class offered in February or March each year.
Prayer support is available through many channels.
The following are ways that you can receive prayer support:
- The Prayer Chaplain Program provides prayer support following both Sunday services as well as through monthly phone calls to member congregants.
- Written prayer requests may be submitted in the prayer box located in the lobby outside the sanctuary, or emailed to the Prayer Team.Request Prayer
- The Seattle Unity Prayer Line is available anytime at (206) 624-8985. You may listen to an inspirational message and leave your prayer request 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Prayer requests also may be directed to Silent Unity via email, or at (800) NOW-PRAY (669-7729)
- A Worship Celebration prayer service is held every Wednesday evening from 6:30 to 7:05 pm in the Chapel. This is open to everyone and is available on a drop in basis. We pray for all those who have requested prayer during the week as well as those who attend the service.
- Oneness Blessing – (Deeksha) - is given on Wednesday evenings at 7:15 pm for non-verbal hands-on prayer.
- A Prayer Class is offered annually for those wishing to deepen their prayer lives. You qualify to serve in the prayer ministry after the completion of this class, and it is a prerequisite to becoming a chaplain.
- For additional “self help” read the Affirmative Prayer information under Spiritual Practices. Several prayers are provided for you as well.
- The Daily Word provides daily inspirational readings.