Yes, we do!
Tithing is one of our core spiritual practices and as an organization Seattle Unity tithes on a regular basis. Each month we tithe to Silent Unity, Unity Worldwide Ministries, and Unity NW Region.
Sometimes we also tithe to other organizations, which was the case in September. We tithed to the three organizations listed above, but we also tithed to the following communities:
- Unity en Guayama and Unity en Bayamon in Puerto Rico, which were both destroyed by Hurricanes Irma and Maria
- Anguilla, which community member Reggie spoke about at the October 15th Sunday service [link]
- Suraiya Atuar Medical Center in Chondipur Village, Bangladesh (sponsored by the Interfaith Spiritual Community)
- Unity of Santa Rosa, whose communities were impacted by the recent fires
- Unity of Yakima
- Unity Archive Project, which is administered by Unity Worldwide Headquarters at Unity Village and is working to get Unity’s vast historical and archive materials online
When you tithe to Seattle Unity you enter into the ever-present flow of giving and receiving, giving and receiving. Your gifts bless the work and mission of our Seattle Unity community and also go out to bless other communities. Thank you for your generosity that makes all of this possible.
We celebrate and give thanks for the generosity and abundance that flows through us individually and collectively. In gratitude for the creativity and uplifting of consciousness!