Sunday Service Video November 5th, 2017—“In Giving, We Receive”—Here is the link and player to the Rev. Karen Lindvig’s sermon from 11-05-2017. In this Sunday sermon, titled “In Giving, We Receive,“ Rev. Karen Lindvig elaborates on the Annual Theme of the Transformational Journey, by focusing on giving and receiving in celebration of Thanksgiving. Her sermon includes several examples including:
– A story about… (see more below)
Rev. Karen Lindvig Sermon “In Giving, We Receive”
Title: In Giving, We Receive
https://seattleunity.org—In this Sunday sermon titled “In Giving, We Receive,“ Rev. Karen Lindvig elaborates on the Annual Theme of the Transformational Journey, by focusing on giving and receiving in celebration of Thanksgiving. Her sermon includes several examples including:
– A story about Patrick Kilonzo Mwalua who provided water to animals in an African national park in Kenya.
– A story about land restoration in Costa Rica via 12000 tons of orange peels dumped on desolate land in a park.
– A story about an Indiana McDonalds where customers decided to “pay it forward” in the drive through for hours.
– A story of a mother giving a plate of food to a homeless man with unexpected consequences.
Rev. Karen also focused on several principles, including the idea that remembering acts of generosity from others is often easier than to remember such acts towards others.
Quotations related to this sermon:
Proverbs 11:25: “A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed.”
Proverbs 18:16: “A gift opens the way and ushers the giver into the presence of the great.”
William Arthur Ward: “Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.”
Eckhart Tolle: “You cannot receive what you don’t give. Outflow determines inflow.”
Luke 6:38: “Give and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”
Kahlil Gibran: “See first that you yourself deserve to be a giver, and an instrument of giving. For in truth it is life that gives unto life while you, who deem yourself a giver, are but a witness.”