Youth & Families
Sunday Morning Youth Program
Seattle Unity Church is committed to providing an accepting, safe, enriching, family-friendly and fun environment for children and youth where they can express and explore their spiritual nature.
The Sunday morning curriculum, based on Unity teachings, is presented in an age-appropriate way for each class. Our staff of paid and volunteer teachers, assistants and childcare providers are screened and trained.
A Spiritual Foundation
Our desire is to aid children and their families in sharing a spiritual foundation that builds self-esteem and supports them in living from Unity principles in their everyday lives. Our goal is to create a sense of wonder about and respect for life, our planet and all living things and a desire to reach out and use their gifts to make a difference in the world.
11:00 am Service
At the 11 am service, age-appropriate classes are provided- each age presents a different level of learning and understanding of spiritual ideas. We recognize that at each stage of development, specific needs should be addressed and know that it’s important for children and youth to interact with their peers.
Our age groups are as follows:
- Children’s Chapel is located down the stairs, straight ahead then turn right to the sign-in area.
- The Uniteen Room is downstairs inside the Fellowship Hall, first door on the left.
- The Youth of Unity Room is downstairs at the north end of the Fellowship Hall
Please Note: Parents who wish to keep their more active young children with them during the service may sit in the Balcony and enjoy the service.
Becoming a Unity teacher of children is a sure way to accelerate your own spiritual growth and understanding. We always have room for more who wish to participate in our Sunday morning program. Because we like having a healthy and safe adult/child ratio, we require a minimum of two teachers in a class. Volunteers are asked to be willing to volunteer twice a month for a minimum of six months. That way volunteers have ample time to get to know the children and the children have ample time to become comfortable with each volunteer.
How do you get started? It’s fun and easy!
- Fill out an application (found at the information desk in the Lobby or in the Children’s Chapel). You can also fill out an application online.
- Job descriptions are also available.
- You will be called and interviewed by the Director. Each volunteer is screened.
- Viewing the Risk Reduction video is mandatory.
- Two observations of the class you wish to teach are prerequisites.
- All curriculum materials are provided.
- Training is available and the Director and fellow teachers will offer much support and encouragement.
- There are opportunities for creativity in all the classes.