Youth & Families
Seattle Unity Youth and Family Ministry is a welcoming community with a goal to cultivate in our youth a sense of
- and Bravery
through fun, engaging, artful lessons that foster
- Emotional Intelligence
- Cultural Literacy
- Healthy MindBodySpirits
- as well as
- Supportive Community
by teaching and employing the Practical Tools of the Unity Tradition
For the 10:00 am Sunday Service
Preschoolers can be taken to the Nursery (in the Children’s Chapel area) before the service, beginning at 9:45 a.m.
Please bring all 1st to Uniteen kids to (Youth & Families Director) Leah in the Meditation Garden (straight through the Lobby). If it is raining, meet in the Library (into and towards the right in the Lobby).
We will be “Hosting Sunshine” which will be an opening circle of affirmations and questions (sometimes an art activity). From there, we will go to our classrooms and that is where pick up will be, unless otherwise noted.
Y.O.U. (Youth of Unity) may go directly to their classroom.
Please note: ALL youths must have a signed release form in order to participate. The Ushers can provide the form.
Our age groups are as follows:
- Children’s Chapel is located down the stairs, straight ahead then turn right to the sign-in area.
- The Uniteen Room is downstairs inside the Fellowship Hall, first door on the left.
- The Youth of Unity Room is downstairs at the north end of the Fellowship Hall
Please Note: Parents who wish to keep their more active young children with them during the service may sit in the Balcony and enjoy the service.
Becoming a Unity teacher of children is a sure way to accelerate your own spiritual growth and understanding. We always have room for more who wish to participate in our Sunday morning program. Because we like having a healthy and safe adult/child ratio, we require a minimum of two teachers in a class. Volunteers are asked to be willing to volunteer twice a month for a minimum of six months. That way volunteers have ample time to get to know the children and the children have ample time to become comfortable with each volunteer.
How do you get started? It’s fun and easy!
- Fill out an application (found at the information desk in the Lobby or in the Children’s Chapel). You can also fill out an application online.
- Job descriptions are also available.
- You will be called and interviewed by the Director. Each volunteer is screened.
- Viewing the Risk Reduction video is mandatory.
- Two observations of the class you wish to teach are prerequisites.
- All curriculum materials are provided.
- Training is available and the Director and fellow teachers will offer much support and encouragement.